INVITATION TO APPLY FOR AMNESTY
Pursuant to section 25A (2) of the Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes Act, 2003 (ACECA), and Regulation 4 of the Anti-Corruption and Economic Crimes (Amnesty and Restitution) Regulations, 2011, the Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission (the Commission) hereby invites interested persons to apply, within sixty (60) days from the date of this notice, for an undertaking by the Commission, not to institute or continue with investigation into corruption or economic crimes against the Applicant(s).
An undertaking under the said sections of the law shall only be made by the Commission in consultation with the Minister for Justice, National Cohesion and Constitutional Affairs and the Attorney General, on condition that the Applicant:
- Makes a full and true disclosure of all material facts relating to past corruption and economic crime including all property irregularly or illegally acquired;
- Through the Commission, restitutes, pays or refunds to, or deposits with the Commission for all persons affected, any property or money irregularly obtained. In case of money such refund or deposit shall be inclusive of interest at the rate of twelve (12) percent per annum from the date when the money was obtained and in case of immovable property, 12% interest on the market value of the property.
- Makes reparation to any person affected by the corrupt conduct;
- Pays for all loss of public property occasioned by his corrupt conduct; and
- Makes an undertaking not to commit any or other acts of corruption or economic crime and shall at all times observe high standards of integrity.
The undertaking will cover only those acts which are disclosed and for which it is sought; and shall stand revoked if it is found that the applicant concealed any material facts on past corruption or economic crime.
Interested parties should apply by filling Form A prescribed under the Regulations and submitting it to the Commission within the prescribed period. The application form may be downloaded from the Commission’s website (link below) or collected from any of the following offices of the Commission:
Nairobi – Integrity Centre, Milimani/Valley Road Junction
Mombasa – Appolo Court, Moi Avenue
Kisumu – 3rd Floor, Jubilee Insurance House, Ang’awa/Oginga Odinga Street Junction
>>The legal notice
>> Application for Undertaking
>> Undertaking not to institute or continue with investigations
>> Undertaking not to institute criminal proceedings
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2011